Tuesday, October 28, 2008

CML Tools

I'm excited about Lively application that I found on CML's blog Tooling Around. I like the idea of chatting with more than one person at the time. I have two friends overseas - one is in Holland and the other is in Serbia - that I'd like to "talk to" at the same time. We've known each other since 7th grade, and I don't know when was the last time we were together as a group.
So yeah, thanks Tooling Around! I'll make sure to check out Lively.

The Tool Box list seemed a little bit random to me. I could not figure out a common theme or purpose to the applications listed. If there wasn't supposed to have been a theme, I could not decide the criteria for the chosen ones. I would've liked to see a more guided list of "tools" and why we should invest our time in looking at them. I think Michael Stephens in his article about Web 2.0 talks about libraries of the future being guides or portals to the new web technology. In that sense I think we can do more to orient people why these web tools would be useful for them.

No comments: