MOLDI seems like a great supplement to our collection. I had a patron the other day who wanted David Sedaris' audiobooks, but we did not have any in the branch, and he did not want to reserve any. I just looked in MOLDI, and there were a couple of Sedaris' audiobooks available. Next time I will definitively offer this option to a patron, especially if s/he is looking for a well-known authors that are likely to be in the digital collection.
I think it is a bit intimidating for people to encounter this many formats that the book can be in. I am still a bit confused, even though I looked at it for more than I should have. I'm sure it is one of those things that you figure out as you are doing it, but not many people will want to go through that initial learning curve if they don't have to, or if they are not sure why they are doing it. So yeah, great supplement, but I'm not sure if it's enough by itself.
Introduction to the eReader Learning Road Map
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment