Monday, September 22, 2008

del.icio.us

I can see how del.icio.us is very useful for research and finding out current web information. I like the fact that I can read the articles that someone else tagged. I don't surf or use the web to search for information that much. The extent of my involvement is to google whatever I am interested in, and see what comes up. The result of my search is not usually something I would need to save - mostly I just want to know random trivia like if mosquitos can transmitt HIV virus, or if cherry trees grow in Ohio, or when FDA was started. del.icio.us website seems to be a perfect opportunity to learn how to use websites for research or how to save and use the websites that correspond with my interests.
I have a feeling that I would be interested in setting up my del.icio.us account after a while, just so I can save all those great websites I found out about.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I liked your post. I don't use google a whole lot myself but maybe I'll start using it more.