Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Seven habits of Lifelong Learner

Here are two bubbles about my Living and Learning Habits:

I always considered myself a quick learner, so the easiest habit for me would be #4 - to have confidence in myself as a competent and effective learner.

The hardest one was not so easy to determine, but if I'm honest with myself I have to go with #2 - accepting responsibility for my own learning. I have trouble maintaining the interest and intensity to carry me through the effort needed to acquire certain skill I'm trying to learn or certain project or activity. I need some kind of external motivator, some kind of deadline to get me going, to get me to finish what I started. I don't know if I'm just too accustomed to school environment where it was all about deadlines, or just my "personality," but I have a horrible time staying motivated if I can't carry out the task quickly.

Hey - recognition is the first step toward remedition (I feel like this should be a word so my phrase would rhyme), so I'm willing to work on my weakness(es).

1 comment:

MichelleR said...

Dude, that was my hardest too. -Michelle