Thursday, August 14, 2008

I've finally arrived (and I'm calm enough to write about it)

Yes, I've gone through first two exercises and I even found out how to record my progress! There were so many links to click on, and so many ways to get to the same thing; I felt like I was in a washing machine on spin cycle. I guess I just could not believe that it was that easy. All I had to do is read About page and view the tutorial. I kept expecting the "real thing" to attack me and create an obstacle that I won't be able to go though. And I had this feeling that everybody had it already figured out, and I'm left behind chasing my own tail. This tells you my comfort level with new technology. I was also anxious to get started and I was rushing (as usual) to get ahead, to explore it all at once. It didn't help that the link Track Your Progress on http://columbusmetropolitanlibrary.wordpress.com/ does not work. I had to log in from the CMLSI page and check off the two activities.

So, I learned to pace myself, and be patient, and I also learned that it is probably a good idea to read carefully before launching myself onto it all.

Needless to say, I'm really excited about playing with technology. I'm especially looking forward to exploring podcasting 'cause I think it has a great potential to be incorporated on our CML website (i.e. customers can review books that they recommend using podcast[ing?]).

1 comment:

Joy in Digital Services said...

you know, i think this is one of the best blogs posts i've read! i'm so glad that you used the Learn & Play blog for help. wOOt! :)